Submitting a Story
Before you Submit
Please make sure you have read and understand our unique guidelines.
Note: our word limit varies across award categories. For the diversity and character-based awards, we’re looking for stories in the range of 1,000 to 15,000 words. For the Texas category, submissions should be between 1,000 and 2,000 words.
For more details on category-specific guidelines:
Click here to begin your submissions process, then follow these steps:
- Click "sign-up" to create your account. You will need to verify your email address in order to log in.
- Once logged in, click "make new submission."
- Attach your submission as a word document. If you'd like to use images in your story, include them in your word document.
- Fill in "title" and "biography" fields.
- Please include the award category you are submitting to in the "title" field along with the title of your story. [Example: "Once Upon A Time (Character-Based Award)."] If submitting to more than one category, please include all categories.
- Once submitted, you can log in to your account at any time and click "check your submission status" for updates.